Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

     This is my 2nd blog on the Maze Runner. This book is getting more and more interesting every time I pick it up to read it. Throughout this book you can really see the development of all the characters and how they react in certain situations. After finishing this book I am excited to see what James Dashner has to offer in the rest of his series.
          The point in the book where I last stopped was when there was a new girl that came in the box (if confused read previous blog of Maze Runner first). The book has gone a long way since then. The main character Thomas, along with two other characters gets trapped in the maze. Who got him stuck in it? Does Thomas survive? Do the others survive? Or do they all die from the grievers? The grievers are these scary creatures that come out mostly in the night time in the maze and no one has ever survived being trapped in there with them through the whole night. This book is  post apocalyptic meaning it's like a sub-genre of science fiction that is concerned with the end of human civilization. So basically something terrible has occurred in human society and hundreds of boys have ended there in "The Glade." And now since the main character has arrived things are changing. The first girl has arrived, the Grievers are dying. Read the book to find out why all of this is happening.

2 comments:

  1. I am also enjoying this great read and I can't wait to finish it also. Like you I also have plenty of questions about what is going to happen to Thomas. I like the in detail summarization of the book it was almost like I was reliving the moment myself when I was reading this blog post. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this book. It was very intense and interesting! I really enjoyed reading this book and it sounds like you did too! The characters I felt were developed well.

    ReplyDelete