Sunday, March 15, 2015

Delirium by Lauren Oliver


            I have just started reading the book Delirium by Lauren Oliver so they is not much I can say about the book yet. But the reason I wanted to read it is because it was rated 4/5 and many authors had such great thinks to say about this book. 
           This book is the first in a dystopian trilogy. Delirium has also been featured on the New York Times Bestsellers list. This book keeps you wanting to read from the very first sentence which is " It has been sixty- four years since the president and the Consortium identified love as a disease, and forty-three since the scientists perfected a cure. Everyone else in my family has had the procedure already."
          A basic summary of this book is in this future United States the government declares love as a disease and the make a cure and force everyone to get it by the time they turn a certain age. Lena is excited to be getting the cure because she knows the power it can have and that it destroyed her mom. With 95 days left until her turn for the cure Lena meets a boy. Read the book even if you think the ending may be kind of obvious because it will be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This book sounds really good. I love dystopian novels and this one sounds really interesting and I think I will read it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete