Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

              The Maze Runner ,so far is a great book filled with suspense it really makes  you think. I have to admit the reason I decided to pick up and read it is the movie came out and I personally like reading the book before watching the movie so here I am completely sucked in. The author of this book is James Dashner he is a creative and brilliant author who also wrote the Mortality Doctrine series as well as the 13th Reality series and two books in the Infinity Ring series. The books title and the cover of the book straight up shows the book will involve a maze. 

            The story is about the main character who wakes up in an elevator with no recollection of his family, friends or where he came from. All he remembers is his name. The elevator open and there are hundreds of boys who greet him and welcome him to "the glade". Once a month a guy is sent to the glade in this elevator no one knows who but it happens. The day after Thomas comes a girl is sent up through the elevator to "the glade". The first girl ever. What is even more surprising is the news she carries with her. There is also an unsolvable, crazy, jumbled maze that Thomas feels connected to in some way. Thomas and the Gladers want more then ever to figure out the maze , the crazy unsolvable maze.

                                                             

2 comments:

  1. I really this book and I agree that it is suspenseful. I also like reading the book before a movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like to read the book before the movie. I have heard great things about this book. The maze seems interesting and challenging. I think this is the next book I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete